Networking Article from Networking Today Canada, Nat'l
Recent Articles from Cities Across Canada
Ten Tips to Start 2010 Organized
This is the time of year when you should stop and look at the year that has passed – and look at what is to come. Maybe this year was great for you so you are ready to head into 2010 with both feet. Maybe some parts were good and some parts need improving. Or maybe you are just happy to see 2009 go down in history. Whatever the case may be, there are many practical, concrete things you can do today to get started on the right track.
- Put away all holiday decorations in one location. Also pack away with the decorations; tablecloths, CD's, DVD's, serviettes, cards, wrapping and anything that is for the holidays.
- Purge, sort and set up systems for all your inside storage areas. What you have not used this year, donate to your favourite charity.
- Clean out files for the New Year. This is important and it does not need to be elaborate. Look at your finances and possibly create a budget. Set a financial goal for the year.
- Are your documents in order? Do you have all your vital information prepared and in one place for easy access in case you were to get hurt or die? If you don’t have a will, please put this on your priority list for January 2010.
- Prepare all papers for income tax so when the time comes all the information you need is there.
- Go through the kitchen cupboards and dining room cupboards and get rid of anything you are not using. If you have antique china that needs repaired, get it done so you can use it.
- This is a great time of year to list those little projects you would like to complete but have not. Go through the projects and put each one in a tote, label and make a list of anything you might need to complete the project; other than time. Then you are all set when that day comes along when you are ready to start.
- Purge toys and children's games. Get rid of all the ones that they have out grown.
- Decide what you want to accomplish in the next two days, then in the next week, the next month, and overall for the year 2010. Do not make a goal without a plan. Remember: "Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail."
- Above all be true to you and yours! Have a great 2010!
Pauline Hoffman is a certified professional organizer, speaker, and owner of Just In Time Solutions, located in Lucan, Ontario. She travels across Southwestern Ontario helping people clear out clutter and create systems for organization. www.justintimesolutions.com.
- Calgary, ABDirectoryGroups
- Halifax, NSDirectoryGroups
- Kitchener, ONDirectoryGroups
- London, ONDirectoryGroups
- Ottawa, ONDirectoryGroups
- Regina, SKDirectoryGroups
- Stratford, ONDirectoryGroups
- Toronto, ONDirectoryGroups
- Vancouver, BCDirectoryGroups
- Vancouver Island, BCDirectoryGroups
- Winnipeg, MBDirectoryGroups
- Search by:Directory